2011年1月27日星期四

I decided that the purity of listening to a game's audio was less important

I decided that the purity of listening to a game's audio was less important than playing a fun game while catching up on the day's global news. I must have decided this in the location where I most often play iPhone games: the New York City subway. On the C train, in the summer of 2010, I had become one of those people who didn't think music in replica Movado 0605093 WoMen's watch video games was essential.Through the fall, I continued to treat game music as an optional garnish. As I never had before, I sometimes chose to ignore it.Not every part of a video game is essential. There is some debate about whether writers are necessary for the creation of a good video game.

Game designers can just write their own scripts, some say. And while a game can have dialogue, it is still not required for a game to have voice-actors. The dialogue could be presented as text.Games are the entertainment of meddlers and tinkerers. We, the players, will change them to suit ourselves.Until 2010 I'd never have put replica Movado 605090 WoMen's watch composers in that camp of video game non-essential personnel. I'd have lumped them with the people responsible for sure that the games I play look good or have impressive sound effects or doesn't crash.

A game couldn't be made without the people responsible for those tasks, and, if it was, it certainly couldn't be enjoyed.I've met video game musicians. I'd been to their studios. I've seen the hard work they do. Until 2010 I felt they were required. In 2010, however, my behavior proved they were not. These men and women who replica Movado 600456 WoMen's watch helped instill great memories in my brain were creators whose work I was now sometimes choosing to ignore. It felt wrong, but it felt inevitable.How strange and yet how appropriate it is that we gamers think we can do this.